As the world of work is changing, we can and need to be more mindful about our career development than ever before. Many of us will change jobs several times during our careers and may even change careers altogether, learning new and applying transferable skills to different industries, and in various phases of our lives.
Career development coaching for leaders supports you to be intentional about your future, identify and capitalize on emerging opportunities, and set yourself up for low-stress, high-impact career moves.
Trauma survivors typically aren’t used to thinking about what they want or need, especially if their survival depended on serving others to the exclusion of themselves.
Trauma-informed career coaching supports you to take an organic, emergent approach to discovering what truly motivates you, and helps you bypass trauma-related resistance or obstacles as you try new things.
What you can expect
By working with me as your career development coach, you will:
- Have a creative thinking partner to help you gain clarity around what you want next for your career, including what’s important to you now, how to get to where you want to go, and be able to identify your transferable skills
- Be supported to discover compelling career-related options to choose from, and that allow you to make the best decision for you
- Come up with an actionable plan with clear direction and goals for identifying next steps that align with your skills, experience, and values, enabling you to move forward with confidence
Contact me to chat further!
"Maggie helped me achieve my goal of changing a 15 year career into a new direction. Even when it felt like this goal was not attainable she kept me focused and on track for moving myself out of one stream of work into another. She took many creative approaches to doing her job and understood how I worked as an individual which I found most useful and helpful to myself for achieving my goal."
-- Neil Wiernik, Director, Marketing and Communications, Gilda's Toronto
How it works
Career development coaching typically happens over 8 to 12 sessions, 1 hour each, scheduled every 2 or 3 weeks.
Included in career development coaching packages:
- Pre-coaching reflection
- Foundational assessments (strengths, values, purpose)
- Laser coaching / email support as needed
- Your copy of the guide “Listen, Sense, Grow: 7 Practices to Create the Work You Desire” to accompany your coaching work
- Midway check-in and completion conversation
- Other assessments and resources as applicable
Access a variety of career and leadership support resources, including: